h3.post-title {font-family: 'Amatic SC';}

Search This Blog

Friday 12 September 2014

Arty Farty: I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar

I have quite a love of digging through oooold photographs.
I found this one in a family album.
This is my great grandma, and she was a pretty special lady.
In this picture she is in her nursing uniform.
I love finding out the stories of these women of the 'olden days',
having to make a path for themselves in a world dominated by men. 
I did a little art series juxtaposing the beautiful oldness of the photographs with typography showing 
my favourite feminism quotes. 
'I Am Woman' is one of my all time favourite songs
and pretty much the feminism anthem. 
It rocks... just like you.

Roar like a lion today. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you feel the urge, and I will eternally be in your favour (I will make you Berry Oolong tea and shortbread)

Thank you!
xx