h3.post-title {font-family: 'Amatic SC';}

Search This Blog

Monday 8 September 2014

Arty Farty: A Decade Of Change

Hey guys, 
I thought you might appreciate a little peek into what my life is revolving around 
right now. 

This is the first piece in a series of ten,
focusing on the 1960's in Australia. 

I've been using pointillism as it's representative of pixels,
like the events would be portrayed on television 
to families at the time. 

I wanted to explore Australian events of major change because 
I feel like significant events happened here too,
that are relatively unknown to the rest of the world.

This picture is of Frank McFarlane, 
known as the father of immunology 
for his work in the bodies immune response, 
specifically around clonal expansion and deletion. 

Because science. Anyway, he was 
awarded the Nobel Prize. 

(interesting side note: Alfred Nobel
decided to invent the Nobel prize to deflect attention 
from the fact that he also invented dynamite...
there were a lot of people not too pleased with him at the time!) 

So, 
this is my first image in the works :) 


(Please excuse my just-showered hair, I told my dad not to take it with flash haha) 

Hope you like it! 

I'll post the finished product soon...

once I finish it ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Where is the finished product?! where?! where?! IT JUST LOOKS SO INCREDIBLE. HOW DO YOU DO THAT YOU GENIUS KJFHDKJFHLJSHDSJDG

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you feel the urge, and I will eternally be in your favour (I will make you Berry Oolong tea and shortbread)

Thank you!
xx